A Beautifully Written Daily Devotional Book
With 366 life-giving love notes to the reader from the heart of God,?Glimpses of God’s Heart?provides a wealth of inspirational wisdom for those seeking empowerment through God?s word during the challenges of life.
Throughout her adult life, former psychotherapist and pastor, Gwen Wellington, has practiced the art of listening to the voice of God in her daily meditation time. In each reading she shares what she has heard, providing glimpses into the heart of the God whose love has empowered her to experience personal transformation.
Who is?Glimpses of God’s Heart?for?
This book of daily readings is for you if:
- You are a committed Christian?looking to deepen your relationship with God. Each devotional consists of a message either from Jesus, or from God as a parent, or from the Holy Spirit, with references to supporting scriptures.
- You are challenged by what life is throwing at you?and need daily encouragement and inspiration. These meditations are imbued with wisdom from the author?s decades of work as a psychotherapist, her personal relationship with the Source of Wisdom, and her knowledge of scripture.
- You are curious about God?and wonder what it would be like to have a relationship with a Divine Being. Here is your chance to get an inside view of just such a relationship as the author shares intimate conversation from her lifelong love relationship with God.
- You have been wounded by the Christian church?but don?t want to give up on Jesus. These devotions are written by someone who has been there and back! The author has a deep love for the Church, for those who have been wounded by it, and for Jesus.
- You have experienced psychological trauma?and you need daily reassurance to triumph over that trauma. The author writes both from her personal experience with overcoming the impact of trauma and also from her work as a trauma counselor.
- You are trying to do Step 3 in the 12-Step program.?The author calls herself the ?queen of codependents? ? you will benefit from this book?s candid expose of her ongoing effort to hand her will and her life over to the care of a loving God.
Read an Excerpt
Four years ago, I found myself in the disconcerting situation of wrapping up my counseling practice without any clear sense of where I was headed. All I knew was that my body was telling me I had to make a change. I felt lost and very sad, because I loved my counseling work and I couldn?t conceive that anything else would ever be as rewarding and satisfying. The following words from God became my anchor as I navigated the transition.
My treasure, my love:
Even though you feel lost, you?re not.
Even though you think you don?t know the way, you do.
Even though you think you?re giving up something extremely valuable,
You simply are making room for something just as valuable.
Walk confidently into the future, my love!
I have such joy planned for you!
Embrace this time of change and the change itself.
Know that I surround you and I go before you.
I fill you and I energize you.
It?s you and me together, sashaying boldly into the future.
Pure, unadulterated joy!
You and me together.
Yes. I like it!!
Click on the “Look Inside” link above to start reading?Glimpses of God’s Heart. Available in Kindle, paperback and audiobook.