“Badass Parenting is like a triple dark chocolate cheesecake with a layer of mousse in the middle (hint: the mousse is CJ Scarlet’s humor and style which helps lighten up the cheesecake!). You will love this book!” ♥
If you’ve ever lost sleep worrying about your child’s safety, you’re not alone. You may want to wrap your munchkin in a protective bubble and defend her from every harm but doing so could emotionally cripple her and make her more, not less, vulnerable to bullies and other predators.
In Badass Parenting, danger expert CJ Scarlet teaches you how to empower your youngster (0 to 9) to avoid sketchy people and handle herself in scary situations ranging from bullying and digital dangers to sexual abuse and kidnapping. You’ll also learn how to enhance her confidence and self-esteem, which are her greatest tools for repelling predators.
After reading this book, you’ll feel more knowledgeable and confident in your ability to talk candidly with your child at her age and maturity level without scaring her to death. It’s time to ditch the worry and get some sleep!
This super informative, unputdownable book (with TONS of downloadable bonus content!) is the new bible for parents looking to raise safe, savvy, confident kids.
WARNING!!! This book contains extreme snark and a good bit of swearing. If you’re clutching your pearls just reading this, then Badass Parenting is not for you. However, if you want to be entertained while you learn how to protect your child, this book is a must-read!
HERE’S WHAT THE BOOK COVERS:
- REASSURING facts revealing the REAL truth about the dangers your child faces.
- Who the predators are and the sneaky but effective lures they use to groom children.
- How you can empower your child to enable her to spot predators and avoid them so she doesn’t become their next victim.
- Why other kids are a greater sexual threat to your child than you think.
- Easy & effective ways to “bully-proof” your child & how she can “train” them to leave her alone.
- The types of digital dangers your child might encounter online and how to flag and block inappropriate activity that could endanger her.
- Why that “innocent” selfie could land your kid and her friends on the sex offender registry for life and ruin her college and job prospects.
- Sexual molestation and assault—signs, symptoms, and what to do if your child is a victim.
- How to empower children with disabilities to keep them safe. (An entire chapter!)
- How to boost your child’s confidence & self-esteem—the best predator-repellants of all!
- How to teach your kid to fight off predators without knowing any formal martial arts or self-defense moves.
- Using monthly family meetings to teach body safety rules and keep the lines of communication open with your child.
Not teaching your child how to protect herself makes her less safe and puts her at risk! Parent up and teach her what she needs to know to avoid sketchy people and handle dangerous encounters with predators.
Be the parent your child deserves!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
CJ Scarlet, aka the “Badass Grandma,” is a danger expert and victim advocate with a master’s degree in human violence who has helped thousands of crime survivors over the past 30 years. She’s also the grandma to three precocious toddlers.